Sunday 23 January 2011


Just a short walk from our house is the Chichester Crematorium which I often run past on my training runs but haven't yet stopped and tried to photograph. That's a pity because it's a really atmospheric place and really big considering it's right in Chichester.

I like the flare that the Sony Alpha 700 and Sigma 24-70 seem to produce (although, saying that I've noticed a very similar star-shaped flare when shooting with the minolta 50mm 1.8). It's not unattractive and the Sigma very rarely flares as long as the sun is out of the frame. I did fall into the trap when I got it of attaching a cheap uv filter to the front and it took me a while to work out that it was the filter producing flare and ghosting.

It was a really good sunset and I noticed it while driving back from work, a frantic run around the house to get the camera and a quick trot to the crematorium just about got me there in time. Although I did take some pictures of the buildings, they didn't come out so well and I didn't want to post them this time. I think I'll head back there soon and maybe have another look at the pictures I took on this trip to see if a little tweaking and cropping might do something.

The sunset was turning out to be a bit normal until this little spot of blue turned up, I cropped to a wide angle and notched up the blue a fraction but think it looks pretty good.

The last picture is one I'm really happy with, a man in a 4x4 came and booted me out shortly after this otherwise I would have taken some as the sun went down further but this one came out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment